Addison Northwest Supervisory Union Policy
SECTION: POLICY MAINTENANCE CODE A2
TITLE: POLICY DEVELOPMENT AND ADOPTION
is the policy of the Addison Northwest Supervisory Union Board to adopt
all policies in accordance with Vermont state law as outlined in 16
V.S.A. §563 (1).
Any person residing in or employed by the ?School District may suggest policies by providing a statement of need in writing to the Superintendent or Board clerk. Such suggestions
will be considered by Board and administrators to determine whether a
policy is warranted to assure consistent and equitable school
Board, acting as a whole or through a policy committee, will seek
appropriate public comment and administrative guidance as it considers
proposals for policy development or revision.
Comment and information will be sought in the following areas:
- The specific need for the policy.
- The fiscal consequences of the proposed policy.
- The effect of proposed policy on administrators, students, teaching staff and the community.
- Samples of similar policies of other Boards.
- Applicable provisions of state and federal law.
- The anticipated costs and benefits of implementing, enforcing and evaluating the proposed policy.
will be adopted by the Board only after appropriate public notice and
opportunity for public comment as outlined in state law.
Date Warned: April, 2008
Date Adopted: April, 2008
Legal Reference(s): 16 V.S.A. §563 (1) (Powers of school boards)
Cross Reference: The Role of Policy (A1)
Policy Dissemination, Administration & Review (A3)